Farewell Tapes, Farewell Floppy discs, Farewell On Premise PBX
In the past, many large organisations and call centers invested in PBX technology to streamline communications within their organisation. Sales reps could easily log into the system and start taking calls. External calls could be transferred anywhere within the company and calls within the company could be made by simply dialling as little as 4 digits. Many large enterprises moved to PBX platforms seeing it as the cutting edge technology that enabled them to reduce their telecommunications costs while still providing a trunk line for calling outside the company’s network.
And just the way we said goodbye to tape and welcomed cds, and disposed of those 3.5 inch floppys and progressed to USBs, its now time to say farewell to those dated PBX phones and move to bigger and better things.
There are several key advantages to switching your business from those traditional analog phones to Hosted PBX services. A few examples of some of these benefits are:
- An array of features to make your communications more efficient.
- Greater manageability and control.
- A simpler infrastructure.
- Lower operating costs.
- Enhanced technology features.
- Greater scalability
- Initial costs are lower; no need to purchase costly PBX equipment.
- Set-up is quick and easy and is done by the vendor.
- Employees in remote locations can easily be connected to the system all through one interface.
- No need to install upgrades or worry about maintenance
- Multiple Internet portals can be used for connection redundancy
Hosted PBX offers businesses an unbeatable proposition: streamline telecommunications while reducing total cost of ownership. Hosted PBX services integrates business communications into a single infrastructure: the data network. From small businesses to large enterprises, Hosted PBX users report increased productivity, flexibility, and lower bills.
See for yourself. Register for our Free Trial of Solgari Hosted PBX Services